Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jason Anderson Cupcakes

Jason Anderson (http://jasonandersonswebsite.com/) is one sweet musician throwing some of the most energetic, intimate acoustic shows right at you-- aiming for the heart -- and the dude never misses. I saw him for the first time years ago when I attended Purchase College and I had the fine opportunity to see him a lot more since then, sing along with him, hang with him a bit and last month, make cupcakes for him!

He had a one-month long residency at Pete's Candy Store (http://www.petescandystore.com/home2.html), a wonderful venue in Brooklyn, where he would play a set every Thursday at 9pm. Hopefully, there will be more of those in the future!

Jason's vegan, hence I had a challenge: I set out to make treats for every show that were 100% vegan and organic.

Show #1: March 3, 2011
VEGAN Pineapple Brown Sugar Cupcakes
Vanilla cupcake with brown sugar soaked pineapple inside topped with brown sugar frosting. Melted Dum-Dum mosaic shards on top!



Show #2: March 10th, 2011
VEGAN Chocolate Banana Cupcakes
Vanilla banana cupcakes with chocolate chips and chocolate icing. Banana chip on top!


Show #3: March 17, 2011
This one I regrettably was not able to attend because I went to SXSW. But I hear it was amazing. Woe. Is. Me.


Show #4: March 24th, 2011
VEGAN "Hostess" Cupcakes
Chocolate cupcake with vanilla cream filling and chocolate fudge topping. Vanilla icing swirl on top!



Show #5: March 31, 2011
VEGAN Cheesecake with Tart Cherry Topping
Mini vegan cheesecakes with graham cracker crust with a homemade tart cherry topping.

Yeah, I didn't understand the possibility of this one either, but I figured it out. E-mail me if anyone wants the recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment