Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nike Dunk Cake






For Paul Falletta
via Laurie Pipitone-Falletta

Cake: Vanilla Cake with Reese's mini peanut butter cups. Chocolate buttercream icing with Reese's peanut butter chips mixed inside. Vanilla buttercream outside.

Details: Chocolate fondant, green & yellow fondant, orange, pink, blue black piping icing.

My cousin Laurie's brand new hubbie Paul loves his sneakers, especially his Nike Dunks and ESPECIALLY his De La Soul Nike Dunks. These shoes are insane looking and very fun to make out of cake and fondant. The humidity was at 95% the day I made it and this cake had the audacity to think it was going to melt on me! But thankfully to my other cousin,
Stephanie let me high-tail it to her air conditioned house at midnight so it could stay there overnight and cool off. No more cakes in high humidity please!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment